1. Legal Gazette
Uradni list Republike Slovenije
Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia
Služba vlade za zakonodajo (Government Office for Legislation)
Javno podjetje Uradni list Republike Slovenije d. o. o
(The Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, Ltd Public Company)
Dunajska cesta 167 — SI-1000 Ljubljana
Tel. +386 12001821
Fax +386 12001825
|Official journal / legal gazette
||The Uradni list Republike Slovenije contains parts with legislation and international treaties as well as a part with legal notices and other official texts; see point 1.2 for details.
||25 June 1991
Previously, 1946–91, as the Uradni list SRS (Official Gazette of the Socialist Republic of Slovenia), in addition to the Uradni list SFRJ (Official Gazette of the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia)
|First online edition
||Uradni list Republike Slovenije
EUR 628,95/year (including VAT)
Not legally binding
Access and price
The subscription edition (EUR 458,72/year - including VAT) offers additional features (see point 1.3).
Since 1 April 2010 the only official legally binding version is the online version
Special edition DVD — Official Gazettes 1991–2006
Frequency of publication
Annually until 2007
EUR 58.42 (for the individual CD-ROMs, 1995–2006)
EUR 96.00 (for DVD, 1991– 2006)
1.2. Details on the legal gazette in general
- Part I - Uredbeni del: Regulations (acts passed by the National Assembly, National Council, President of the Republic, acts passed by the government and ministers and some local communities)
- Part II – Razglasni del: Official notices (invitations to bid, entries into some registers, cancellations and other publications that have a legal basis for publishing in the Official Gazette)
- Part III – Mednarodne pogodbe: International treaties
||Constitution (Article 154); Official Journal of the Republic of Slovenia Act Uradni list RS. N° 112/05 – official consolidated text, 102/07, 109/09, 38/10 – ZUKN and 60/17 – ZPVPJN-B; Decree on publication in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia (Uradni list RS. N° 20/10 and 36/14)
||Financing comes from sales revenues, of all documents and the notices published. The price for the published texts is adopted by the government
1.3. Details on the online edition
See also point 1.1
- Browsing and review of texts
- • Download of the edition
• Search engine (also for full text search)
- instant notification (email, SMS) on the publication of the new issue of the gazette and of specific categories of publications
- document notification system
- e-mail notifications of new issues of the gazette and of specific categories of publications
- • access and download only of a specific document
(Only the PDF is legally binding.)
||The electronic signature is used as a measure for guaranteeing the integrity of the workflow and the authenticity of the (electronically) published text.
||Archiving is outsourced to a contractor with proper facilities. The legal provisions for archiving are set in the Protection of Documents and Archives and Archival Institutions Act (Uradni list N° 30/2006).
1.4. Details on the institution
|Form and nature
||Služba vlade za zakonodajo
(Government Office for Legislation)
Mestni trg 4 — Sl 1000 Ljubljana
Tel. +386 12411802
||Javno podjetje Uradni list Republike Slovenije d. o. o.
(The Official Gazette of the Republic of Slovenia, Limited Public Company)
For contact details, please refer to point 1.1
|Basic tasks of the publishing body
- Pre-press: yes
- Printing: yes (subcontractor)
- Dissemination/distribution: yes (subcontractor)
- Legal gazette: yes
- Legislation database: yes
- Consolidation: no
|Other services offered by the publishing body
- Book publishing
- Seminars and workshops
1.5. Drafting and publishing procedures
- The acts to be published are checked by the Government Office for Legislation, after being drafted by ministerial staff or commissioned experts.
- A special text processing system (EUL) is used. The inputs for EUL are Microsoft Word, Excel and PDF files.
- The texts from EUL are later put into Adobe InDesign, which is used to make the layout for the Uradni list. After the Uradni list is finished, the texts are put back into MS Word and imported into an editor to create HTML. Its content is then inserted into a database.
||The drafting is done by national bodies, while the publication and printing are done by the Uradni list company.
- Both the publishing body (documents issued by the National Assembly, National Council, Constitutional Court and some local authorities) and the Government Office for Legislation (government and ministerial acts and documents issued by authorities holding a public prerogative) are in charge of proofreading and editing.
- The minimum period between reception of a draft and publishing the text is five days. This can be shorter if notification of publication is done beforehand, and in emergency situations.
- The electronic and paper editions are derived from the same file. The electronic version is available immediately after its completion. The printed version is available no later than the next working day, following the publication of the official electronic version.
2. Collections of consolidated Legislation
See full details >>
3. Legislative portals and online databases
3.1. Official portals
Pravni informacijski sistem (PIS)
(Law information system)
|Služba vlade za zakonodajo
(The Government Office for Legislation)
||Portal to Slovenian legal information with a search mask to the PIS database (see point 3.2, no. 2)
3.2. Official databases
3.3. Additional information: other commonly used legal databases
The following hosts disseminate an online edition of EUR-Lex under licence from the Publications Office: