1. Legal Gazette
Register of Legal Acts - TAR
Lietuvos Respublikos Seimas (Parliament of the Republic of Lithuania)
Gedimino ave. 53/Gynėjų g. 8 — 01109 Vilnius
Tel. +370 5396116; +370 5396112
|Official journal / legal gazette
||In Lithuania, Register of Legal Acts is the state e-register which takes over the function of the official publication of state and municipal legal acts of the Republic of Lithuania (e-documents version only).
29 December 1918
21 May 1993
The electronic Register of Laws and Other Legal Acts was established in 1996-01-01
TAR as Official publication source since 2014-01-01.
|First online edition
||The electronic Register of Laws and Other Legal Acts since 1996-01-01. It is official since 2014-01-01
||not existing since 2014-01-01
Access and texts are free
||No CD/DVD edition
1.2. Details on the legal gazette in general
||The Valstybės žinios contains the following chapters:
- other Legislation of the Parliament (Seimas), the President of the Republic and the Government of the Republic, the Prime Minister, the Speaker of the Seimas, the Board of the Seimas, the Bank of Lithuania;
- international treaties of the Republic of Lithuania ;
- regulatory acts of ministers, heads of Government bodies and other state institutions and bodies and collegial institutions;
- regulatory acts of municipal institutions, as well as legal acts adopted by municipal mayors the publication whereof in the Register of Legal Acts is mandatory under legal acts;
- regulatory acts adopted by the management bodies of associations, state or municipal enterprises and public bodies authorised to perform public administration, whose owner or stakeholder is the State or a municipality;
- legal acts having individual application adopted by ministers, heads of Government bodies and other state and municipal institutions and bodies and collegial institutions, as well as by the Board of the Bank of Lithuania or the Chairman of the Board and the management bodies of associations, state or municipal enterprises and public bodies authorised to perform public administration in accordance with the procedure laid down by legal acts, whose owner or stakeholder is the State or a municipality, the publication whereof in the Register of Legal Acts is mandatory under legal acts;
- rulings and decisions of the Constitutional Court;
- decisions, judgments and rulings of the Supreme Court of Lithuania and the Supreme Administrative Court of Lithuania, as well as effective decisions of administrative courts regarding the legitimacy of regulatory administrative acts; Consolidated versions of legal acts.
Republic of Lithuania Law on Legislative Framework No XI-2220
||Electronic legal acts signed by authorised entities with e-signature
1.3. Details on the online edition
See also point 1.1
Related with Legal Acts Information System (TAIS)
||Html, Word, Odt, Pdf (Excel, Jpg, Gif, etc. for tables, images, maps in annexes, etc.)
||Original electronic legal acts signed by authorized entities with e-signature.
||Inside the information system Register of Legal Acts.
1.4. Details on the publishing institution
Office of the Parliament of the Republic of Lithuania
For contact details, see point 1.1
|Form and nature
||Office of the Parliament of the Republic of Lithuania
- Pre-press: no
- Printing: no
- Dissemination/distribution: accessible on-line
- Legal gazette (register) online: yes
- Legislation database: yes
- Consolidation: yes
|Other services offered
- Search and free access to consolidated legislation of the Republic of Lithuania
1.5. Drafting and publishing procedures
- Standard office (MSWord, Open office) software.
- special features of specialized information system TAIS for drafting.
||Drafting, consideration of draft legal acts, adopting of legal acts, signing with e-signature, official publication and promulgation entry into force are implemented in the related information systems – Legal Acts Information System and Register of Legal Acts.
||See the section above.
2. Collections of consolidated Legislation
See full details >>
TAR (Register of Legal Acts)
For details, see point 3.2
|Body carrying out
Office of the Parliament (Unit for Managing the Register of Legal Acts)
|Status of the consolidated textsdelete texts
||Consolidation is for information purposes only
|3 working days after an official publication of legal act.
3. Legislative portals and online databases
3.1. Official portals
3.2. Official databases
1. Register of Legal Acts (TAR)
2. Legal Acts Information System (TAIS)
|Office of the Parliament of the Republic of Lithuanian Parliament.
- legislative initiatives draft legal acts
- accompanying documents of draft legal acts
- laws and other legislation of governmental and municipal institutions (mirror data with TAR)
- consolidated versions of legal acts (transferred data from TAR)
- English and Russian translations of legislation
- schedules of the Parliament sittings
- minutes and verbatim reports of the Parliament sittings
||Free of charge
|Access via N-Lex
3.3. Additional information: other commonly used legal databases